Newsletter February 2003
This newsletter is from Thrale.com - the Thrale and Thrall family history and genealogy web site.
- The biggest update, is the addition of 300 new individuals and loads more facts and dates added to the Thrale family tree. The family tree software now can our genealogy in 12 different languages;
- all Thrale births registered in England between 1870-1892;
- all Thrale deaths registered in England in 1972;
- all Thrale's from the 1901 English census;
- monumental inscriptions on Thrale graves in Wheathampstead graveyard and Sandridge graveyard;
- photograph of John Thrale's 1704 monument in St. Alban' Abbey.
Thrale family history
- Thrale and Thrall coat of arms;
- painting of Ralph Thrale 1698-1758;
- the letter Henry wrote to Hester and her mother before ask for her hand in marriage;
- proposal of marriage from Mr Swale to Hester Thrale;
- Hester Salusburys dowry on her marriage to Henry Thrale;
- 'Queeney' Thrale's 1774 mock covenant to be attentive during her Italian lessons with Mr Barretti;
- Hester Thrale's 1779 account of Henry Thrale's first stroke;
- the theft of £2,000 from Henry Thrale in 1781;
- information on Jeremiah Crutchley (Henry Thrale's illegitimate son);
- painting of Queeney aged 20 months by Zoffany;
- all of Hester Thrale and Samuel Johnsons parting letters;
- more Hester Thrale verses.
Thrale homes and businesses
- Marshalswick and Harefield, both owned and farmed by the Thrale family for generations;
- Henry and Hester Thrale's homes Streatham Park, Brynbella, Hanover Square, Brighton and Bach-y-Graig;
- Norman Thrales confectionery shop;
- Henry Thrale's Anchor brewery.
Thanks to everyone who has sent contacted me with information or encouragement, I really appreciate them all. Special thanks to Gary Robards, my fifth cousin once removed, who is a star! Thanks also to Sue Atkinson, Judy Jones, Paula Hinds, Patricia Angeli, Raye Thrall, Stefanie Lillie, Nigel, Richard, Alan, Lance, Jill and Tom Thrale.
Keep in touch.